Insurance Dispute Attorneys
Representing – Orlando | Tampa | Kissimmee | Poinciana | Haines City | Sarasota
Our firm holds insurance companies responsible for the wrongful denial of claims.
Insurers unfairly deny claims in a myriad of ways.
- Offer “lowball” payments to compensate for a loss.
- Unreasonably delay payment to put you in a position where you are “grateful” for anything and will accept
- Avoid paying for a loss based on “exclusions” in their policies, (even when they know the claim is covered under the policy)
And they use other unfair claims-handling practices to cheat consumers out of policy benefits.
Worst of all, they count on the policy holder to feel powerless and take no action against them.
Seek legal advice immediately if you believe your claim has been unfairly denied.
In Florida, the unreasonable denial of claims is called “bad faith.” Florida law empowers policy holders to recover additional money – above the value of the claim – from insurers who deny claims in bad faith. An insurer that denies a claim in bad faith and in conscious disregard of the policy holder’s rights can be required to pay punitive damages over and above coverage limits.
Unraveling Complex Contractual Relationships
When a major accident causes injury, loss of life or extensive property damage, there often are multiple insurance policies maintained by parties and even non-parties which may be triggered to provide coverage. Obtaining all relevant information and taking timely action with regard to your coverage position or the coverage position of other carriers is paramount, especially within the context of wrongful death and life insurance claims.
Our Firms helps– individuals and businesses – in cases involving:
- Denied Health Insurance Claims
- Denied Homeowners Insurance Claims
- Denied Life Insurance Claims
- Denied Liability Insurance Claims
- Denied Automobile Insurance Claims
- Agent or Broker Negligence Claims
We offer a free evaluation of your case. We represent insurance policyholders on a contingency-fee basis, which means that our clients owe us nothing unless and until we recover money for them. If you believe your claim may have been handled unfairly, contact us today.