Bradenton Personal Injury Lawyer
If you live in or around the Bradenton, Florida area, you do not have to look far for potential causes of serious accidents. From the roadways to the local stores to community swimming pools, trouble is around every corner. Being careful is not always enough, other peoples carelessness is often the cause of accidents and injuries. When that is the case you need to contact an experienced local Bradenton personal injury lawyer.
Personal Injury in Bradenton, Florida
Bradenton is a city located on the Manatee River, approximately 45 miles south of Tampa, FL.
The city itself is home to 60,000 people, but the North Port–Sarasota–Bradenton metropolitan statistical area has a total population of more than 800,000.
If you or a loved one is injured in a Bradenton personal injury accident, we are here to protect your legal rights. At Pardy & Rodriguez P.A., we have many decades of experience representing injured individuals throughout the state.
We Handle All Types of Personal Injury Cases
We understand the ins and outs of every type of personal injury case and are more than happy to put this knowledge to good use on your behalf. With our experienced legal team on your side, you are in a better position to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Here are some of the many types of personal injury cases we handle:
Bradenton is part of Manatee County, which is known for its dangerous roadways.
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 5,585 motor vehicle accidents in Manatee County in 2020. These were responsible for 67 deaths and 4,430 injuries.
Common causes of car accidents include:
- Reckless driving, such as excessive speeding
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prescription medication
- Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on the phone
Commercial Truck Accidents
The more time you spend on the interstates in and around Bradenton and the Tampa area, the more you will realize that there is no way to keep your distance from commercial trucks.
Common causes of commercial truck accidents include drowsy driving, driving under the influence of alcohol, improper training, and improper truck maintenance.
In 2020, there were 8,037 motorcycle accidents in Manatee County. These accidents were responsible for 517 deaths and 6,950 injuries.
While you have the legal right to ride without a helmet, this is the best form of protection in a motorcycle accident. Head injuries have the potential to cause long-term side effects and even death.
Bicycles are a primary mode of transportation in Bradenton. Unfortunately, riding a bicycle puts you at risk of serious injury or death in the event of an accident with a motor vehicle.
You can protect against injury by wearing the appropriate safety gear, starting with a helmet.
You are a pedestrian when you are walking on the sidewalk, crossing the street, jogging, or walking to and from the grocery store (and that is just some of the times).
Despite laws to protect you, such as the right of way when crossing the street in a crosswalk, pedestrian accidents are still common in the state.
Dog Bites and Attacks
Most dogs are friendly, but that is not the case with all of them. A dog bite can result in serious injury, death, and permanent scarring and disfigurement.
Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
You do not expect it to happen to you or a loved one, but nursing home abuse and neglect are all too common. This takes on many forms, such as:
- Mental abuse
- Physical abuse
- Financial abuse
This entails any injury you suffer on another person’s property. A common example is a slip and fall accident in a grocery store due to a spill that was not cleaned up promptly.
Property owners have a legal duty to provide a safe environment for visitors. Neglecting to do so can make them liable for injuries.
Florida’s Wrongful Death Act allows you to seek compensation if a loved one, such as a spouse or child, is killed as the result of another person’s or party’s negligence.
Bradenton Personal Injury Cases: Types of Compensation
If you are injured in an accident and you feel that another party is responsible for causing it, you can take legal action to obtain compensation for your damages. Here is a list of the types of compensation you can seek:
- Medical bills
- Medication, prescription and over the counter
- Nursing facility or at-home care
- Assisted living devices
- Physical and occupational rehabilitative therapy
- Lost wages
- Vehicle damage, including total loss
Also, you may be able to pursue pain and suffering damages. This includes:
- Mental suffering
- Depression and anxiety
- Pain and discomfort
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
An experienced attorney can help you decide on the best way to prove pain and suffering with the goal of being compensated accordingly.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim in Bradenton?
This is a difficult question to answer on your own, so it is generally best to consult with a Bradenton personal injury lawyer.
However, if you were injured in an accident at the hands of another individual or entity, here are some of the basic steps you can take to determine if you can file a claim:
- Duty of care: For instance, if a driver runs a red light and strikes your vehicle, they acted negligently
- You incurred damages: Duty of care is the first point of consideration, but you must then determine if you incurred damages as a result of the accident. This can include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- The incident occurred within the last four years: In Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is four years from the date of the accident.
There can be gray area and confusion regarding Bradenton personal injury claims, so speak with a qualified attorney.
Reasons to Hire a Bradenton Personal Injury Lawyer
When you tackle the personal injury claims process on your own, you are taking a big risk. Not only could an insurance company take advantage of you, but you could also make a mistake that limits you from collecting any compensation.
Here are some of the top reasons to hire a Bradenton personal injury lawyer:
- A trusted legal professional to lean on during this difficult time
- A Lawyer that who can answer all your questions
- Law Firm that can protect your legal rights
- Someone who can communicate with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
- To maximize your compensation
- For peace of mind
The best way to understand what a Bradenton personal injury attorney can do for you is to set up a free consultation. This will give you a clear idea of what you can expect if you decide to proceed.
Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions
There is no shortage of questions associated with personal injury claims. While it is best to consult with an attorney when you have questions, it does not hurt to collect information on your own.
Here are 10 common questions:
- How much is my personal injury claim worth?
- How long does it take to resolve a personal injury claim?
- Is it possible to negotiate with an insurance company without legal help?
- Is it possible to settle a personal injury case out of court?
- Do I have to speak with insurance company representatives?
- Is it okay to speak with my own insurance agent?
- What are the benefits of going to trial?
- How much does it cost to hire a personal injury attorney?
- What if the statute of limitations has passed?
- How is a wrongful death lawsuit different from a personal injury claim?
You can find basic answers to all these questions on our website and blog, but that is not always good enough. It is best to answer these questions based on the finer details associated with your specific case.
At Pardy & Rodriguez P.A., we have more than 35 years of combined experience representing personal injury victims in and around the Bradenton area.
It does not matter if you were injured yesterday, last month, or last year, we are here to provide you with guidance and to help put your mind at ease.
Contact us online or via phone at 941-957-0000 to set up a free consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers. With our entire legal team working on your behalf, you will feel confident in your ability to protect your legal rights and obtain compensation for the damages associated with your accident.