Poinciana Personal Injury Lawyers
It may seem impossible to regain control of your life following a personal injury in an accident. Aside from the obvious physical consequences, personal injuries can have lasting psychological effects as you work to get your life back on track. In an era of growing healthcare costs, mental stress, and physical anguish, injury victims in Poinciana may face time away from work, lost pay, and medical bills.
When you are injured due to someone else’s negligence, you can file a personal injury claim or lawsuit to seek compensation. A personal injury lawyer can explain your legal rights and options for recovering your losses.
You can rest assured that our personal injury law office in Poinciana will do everything we can to assist you.
Who Is Protected By Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law protects persons from harm caused by the negligence, malpractice, or deliberate wrongdoing of another person or entity. Expenses that should not be your burden can pile up when you are injured due to the negligence of another party.
Furthermore, the disruptions in your life could be anything from a minor annoyance to something from which you are not sure you will be able to recover. In any case, personal injury lawsuits exist so that you can make the negligent individual or organization accountable for their actions and receive the recompense you need and deserve.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Personal injury claims are made on three primary grounds. If an injured party wishes to hold another individual or an organization accountable for the injuries they have sustained, one of these must be substantiated to receive total financial compensation.
Poinciana personal injury lawyers can examine your case and decide the best approach for establishing the responsible party’s liability for your injuries. This is usually based on one of the following reasons:
- Negligence: Personal injury lawsuits across the United States are typically filed because of negligence. This refers to a situation in which a party is held liable for failing to exercise adequate caution or care considering the circumstances.
- Intentional Conduct: Even though intentional conduct is rarely linked to personal injury lawsuits, those who are harmed may have a case. A case like this may involve an attack or assault where the perpetrator intends to inflict injury on the victim. The person accused of wrongdoing in this situation faces criminal allegations as well.
- Strict Liability: For these grounds, the aggrieved party is not required to show whether the offender’s actions were intentional or accidental. Strict liability means that the defendant is responsible regardless of their intentions. Product liability claims against manufacturers for harmful or faulty products that cause harm to unwitting consumers are an example of this.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
The following are some of the most common types of personal injury claims handled by our law office.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Vehicle accidents, such as those involving cars, trucks, motorbikes, boats, and other watercraft, are among the most prevalent causes of personal injury in the United States. These cases are frequently the result of the negligence of another driver. Unfortunately, these accidents can have long-term consequences, regardless of the cause or who was at fault. Even minor collisions that appear to be harmless at the moment may involve long-term medical attention.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are more serious than most people believe. It is the property owner’s responsibility to make necessary repairs to any structural problems and perform adequate maintenance to ground surfaces. The property owner may be liable if someone sustains an injury from a slip and fall accident.
It is tragic when people die as a result of someone else’s negligence. There are several categories of compensation available for these grave personal injury accidents. In any personal injury litigation, there is the standard compensation for present and future medical bills and expenses, as well as lost earnings.
Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
Brain and spinal cord injuries are among the most terrifying and devastating injuries that can result from accidents. In personal injury claims concerning these specific injuries, victims often experience lasting physical or mental harm, such as cognitive problems, paralysis, and a variety of other medical conditions.
Birth injuries can be especially traumatic for your family as well as financially draining. An obstetrician’s or other medical professional’s negligence can cause physical harm to a newborn, as well as long-term disorders like brain damage, paralysis, and cerebral palsy.
Dog and Animal Bites
Animal bites and attacks can be significantly dangerous and traumatizing. If a person’s pet bites you, you may be entitled to pursue legal action against the owner of the animal as well as their homeowners’ insurance, if applicable.
Compensation for Damages with Poinciana Personal Injury Lawyers
Since each case is unique, we cannot determine the value of your lawsuit without first speaking with you and assessing your circumstances. The amount of money you can get back will be determined by the specifics of your case.
Here are some of the typical damages incurred in personal injury lawsuits:
- Medical costs: This involves both immediate and long-term care. This can include ER visits, physical rehabilitation, operations, hospitalizations, medications, doctor or specialist visits, in-home care, and more.
- Lost income: If your injuries led you to miss work, you might be entitled to compensation. We can also assist you in reclaiming lost tips and benefits.
- Reduced capability to earn: This has to do with your capacity to work in the future. This could be a factor in your case if you need to shift occupations or work for less money due to your injury.
- Disability: You might have to stop working entirely if your injuries are too severe. Disability needs may be temporary or long-term.
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries resulted in extreme physical anguish and other difficulties, you might be eligible for recompense. This is frequently associated with the seriousness of your injuries.
- Scarring and disfigurement: Your physical appearance could be altered as a result of your injuries. Trauma like burns, abrasions, and lacerations can leave lasting scars on your body, which may affect your life in various ways.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): Your injury or accident may have left you with emotional trauma and mental scars. We can establish that you were diagnosed with PTSD and that it had an effect on your life.
Additionally, we can assist you in pursuing compensation for losses incurred due to a wrongful death claim if a loved one died because of their injury. This may help you obtain compensation for funeral and burial costs and lost income, among others.
Get a Poinciana Personal Injury Lawyers to Represent You
People who have been injured or lost a loved one because of the malpractice, carelessness, or recklessness of another may be able to receive compensation for damages under personal injury legislation. For this reason, the sooner you hire Poinciana personal injury lawyers to pursue your personal injury case, the earlier you can start seeking just compensation.
A personal injury lawyer from our firm can take care of every detail of your case. We use cutting-edge technology and consult with industry experts when developing case evidence to provide our clients with the best possible chance of success.
Contact us at The Law Offices of Pardy & Rodriguez, P.A., Attorneys at Law today. You can count on us to help you with your case.