Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Experienced lawyers helping you win a Florida motorcycle accident case
Motorcyclist deaths occurred 28 times more frequently than fatalities in other vehicles, based on 2016 fatal crash data. Because motorcycle accidents generally involve more serious injuries, and even death, our Orlando motorcycle accident lawyers treat these cases respectfully, and with our full attention to detail. We understand that you are in pain. A motorcycle accident is a horrible event to go through but you are not alone. A Firm Dedicated To You, we are here to help you through this. When you work with Pardy & Rodriguez, PA, our experienced attorneys will immediately begin investigating the details of your motorcycle accident case to determine the best legal strategy for recovering your compensation.
A motorcycle case needs special attention to detail, and with our courtroom experience, our Orlando motorcycle accident lawyers know exactly how to help you and your family recover from your losses. And while recovering from a motorcycle accident is never easy, it helps to understand how the law in Florida looks at these serious accident cases.
What factors can impact your motorcycle accident case?
Motorcycle accident cases can be very complex and have different legal issues compared to regular vehicles accidents when it comes to fault. Factors like wearing protective gear can impact your case greatly.
Rest assured that even if you were not wearing a helmet or other protective gear, you are still entitled to a fair case. Your injuries, suffering, and repairs are still worth compensation. Unfortunately, in a serious accident, your damages can quickly exceed the limits of your insurance policy, or of the other driver’s insurance policy but our Orlando motorcycle accident lawyers can help you find other avenues for compensation.
For example, road conditions can be contributing factors that lead to motorcycle accidents. In these cases, our attorneys may seek your compensation in a claim against the city, county, state or even federal entities. A small pothole could mean you lose control of your motorcycle and cause grave injuries to yourself or to others.
Similarly, the exact amount of money you can pursue as compensation after your motorcycle accident depends on the facts and circumstances of your crash, which is why you need a team of experienced Orlando motorcycle lawyers to provide you with expert guidance and legal strategy.
What should you do as a motorcycle victim?
Once the police arrive to the scene, they will have questions about your motorcycle accident. If you are in the condition to answer questions, just be honest. It is okay to say you don’t know something. It is much better to go back and give more information later than to give incorrect information to start with. After speaking with police, write down all the information you have about the accident, your injuries, names, and anything that happens to you, to maintain a record of your accident that your attorneys can refer to as the case proceeds.
After seeking immediate medical attention, the most important thing you can do is to contact our Orlando motorcycle accident lawyers. We can start working on your case immediately and negotiate for a fair settlement as quickly as possible. Also remember that if your insurance company calls you, do not give a statement until you have spoken to our attorneys. Let our attorneys negotiate a full and fair settlement on your behalf.
How our Orlando motorcycle accident lawyers can help prove your case
You might worry about how you will prove a motorcycle accident case to your insurance company, especially as you are still recovering physically from the accident. That’s why we recommend working with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney who can manage your case from start to finish. We’ll handle all the communication with the insurance company and responsible parties to get you a fair settlement. We understand that you’re worried about your future and we will do everything we can to get your life back on track. Visit one of our Florida offices, contact us online, or give us a call today to schedule your free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Florida motorcycle accidents & injuries
1. Should I get a lawyer for a motorcycle accident?
You are not legally required to consult with a motorcycle accident lawyer, but there are many benefits of doing so. These include but are not limited to:
- An Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer knows how to protect your legal rights to compensation under Florida laws.
- A lawyer knows how to maximize your compensation for injuries and other damages.
- A lawyer can communicate directly with insurance companies on your behalf, allowing you to focus on your physical recovery.
- An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will ensure that you’re not taken advantage of by insurance company tactics.
Considering these benefits, it’s best to consult with an Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident.
2. What is the average payout for a motorcycle accident?
Motorcycle accident payouts can range from approximately $5,000 to $1 million or more, depending on factors such as:
- The cause of the accident
- The party or parties responsible for the accident
- The extent of your injuries and other damages
For example, there’s a big difference between a minor motorcycle accident in which you suffer soft tissue injuries and a major accident that results in permanent brain damage and broken bones. Our experienced Orlando motorcycle accident lawyers can evaluate the details of your accident and provide you with an estimate of the amount of compensation you can pursue.
3. How long does a motorcycle accident lawsuit take?
How long a motorcycle accident lawsuit can take depends on factors such as the severity of your injuries, how quickly you file a claim, and the willingness of the other party to negotiate and compromise on a fair settlement.
Some motorcycle accident lawsuits are settled out of court in as little as two to three months. Conversely, more serious motorcycle accidents—such as one that resulted in permanent injuries—can move slowly through the court system. It’s not out of the question for a complex motorcycle accident case to take a year or more to resolve.
Your Orlando motorcycle accident lawyers can explain the lawsuit process and provide a typical timeline for your specific case during a free initial consultation.
4. What is the most common cause of motorcycle accidents?
With 80 percent of crashes resulting in injury or death, common causes of Florida motorcycle accidents include:
- Negligent drivers, such as someone who is texting instead of watching the road.
- A vehicle that makes a left turn in front of a motorcyclist.
- Aggressive driving, such as a driver who doesn’t want to share the road with motorcycles.
- Road hazards, such as gravel or slick spots.
- Reckless driving, such as driving the wrong way on a one-way street.
5. What happens after a motorcycle accident?
Here are some steps you’ll want to take after a motorcycle accident:
- Move to safety (if possible)
- Call 911 to request an ambulance and police
- Administer first-aid until paramedics arrive
- Collect evidence, such as photos of the scene (if possible)
- Accept treatment at the scene and transportation to a local hospital for further examination
- Consult with an experienced Orlando motorcycle accident attorney
- File an insurance claim to pursue compensation as quickly as possible
Your first priority should be your well-being. Then, as time allows, collect as much evidence as you can of the accident and damages, and consult with an experienced Orlando motorcycle accident attorney who can guide you through the claims process towards the best outcome possible.